It is important to know how to use essential oils properly. That knowledge comes with knowing how to use essential oils safely.
- When using essential oils for the first time, you should perform a patch test on your skin to make sure you are not allergic to the oil. In order to do this you will place 1 to 2 drops of the diluted essential oil on the inside of your elbow. Then place a bandage over the top of the area that you applied the essential oil to. Pay close attention to the area for the next 24 hours. If at any time you feel irritation at that area, remove the bandage and wash the area with soap and water. If you do not experience any irritation within 24 hours, it is safe for you to use.
- Essential oils should not be placed directly on your skin unless diluted. In order to dilute the essential oil, you should use 10-12 drops of the oil per 30ml of carrier oil, lotion, moisturizer or other bases.
- Certain essential oils should not be used during pregnancy. Always make sure you research the essential oil and be sure that there are no precautions related to pregnancy.
- Essential oils are for external use only. They should not be taken internally under any circumstances.
- Keep the essential oils out of reach of children.
- Keep the essential oils away from fire, as they are flammable.
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-45997908-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);