Have you heard “That won’t work”, “That won’t help me”, or my favorite “It’s all in your head, that oil isn’t doing anything but stinking up the room”? Well, let the skeptics think what they want, I’m going to let you know why essential oils work. When I am done, I am hoping those that don’t believe in the amazing benefits of essential oils and aromatherapy will have a change of heart. Here it goes….wish me luck.
Inhalation of essentials oils through your nose and mouth. See the application guide for options on inhalation of essential oils.
How Does it Work?
- When essential oils are inhaled through your nose, the airborne molecules interact with your brain and olfactory organs. The Olfactory System encompasses all physical organs and cells related to your sense of smell. The molecules are also carried to your lungs to interact with your respiratory system.
- When inhaled the molecules travel through your nose and to your brain through a variety of receptor sites, one being the limbic system or your “emotional brain”. The limbic system is connected to the parts of your brain that control things like: breathing, memory, stress levels and blood pressure.
- Thus when we inhale an essential oil it has the ability to affect several different systems in your body at the same time.
Skin application of essential oils is also very beneficial. See the application guide for various options on skin application methods.
How Does it Work:
- Your skin is permeable, when applied the chemicals in the essential oils are absorbed into your skin. When you are applying the essential oil, massage it into your skin to increase circulation and therefore enhancing absorption.
- There may be a greater absorption level at areas with higher concentrations of sweat glands and hair follicles. i.e. your head, palms, soles and armpits
- Caution should be taken when applying essential oils to your skin. Some oils are not approved for skin application.
I urge you to take a look at the Essential Oils Guide to find the essential oils that you need. Aromatherapy has amazing benefits, I only hope that you will delve into this amazing form of health for benefit to yourself and your family.
If you have any questions or comments, please leave below. I look forward to hearing from you.