Witch Hazel is an astringent that comes from the bark and leaves of the Witch Hazel shrub. You won’t be able to find Witch Hazel in essential oil form due to the fact that the plant does not produce enough essential oil to make production viable. However, you can find Witch Hazel in a number of distillates.
Witch Hazel uses vary from treating acne to soothing rashes and dry skin. Below I will give you a great sample of what Witch Hazel can do for you. I will also let you know where you can find Witch Hazel so you can add this amazing product to your home.
- Inflammation reduction for acne and blemishes. I use Witch Hazel every day on my skin. It reduces the redness and inflammation that commonly occurs with troubled skin.I apply it two ways: Either I apply it neat, or I place a few drops on a q-tip and apply it to the areas that need it the most. I get my Witch Hazel Extract from Starwest Botanicals. You can get it in many different sizes to suit your needs. Here is a link that will let you there.Natural Body Care Products
- Reduce the appearance of tired, puffy, red eyes. Simply apply 5-10 drops of Witch Hazel to a cool cloth, apply the cloth to your eyes for about 5-10 minutes. The Witch Hazel will reduce the puffiness and get rid of the redness to make your eyes look fresh and awake.
- Soothe diaper rash. I have used Witch Hazel for this many times. As stated before it will reduce the inflammation and clear up the diaper rash. Place a few drops on a cotton ball or cotton round and apply.
- Sunburn relief. Witch Hazel will reduce inflammation and and minimize peeling if used on a regular basis during the healing process.
- Slow bleeding. When applied topically to cuts and wounds, Witch Hazel will reduce bleeding.
So there you have it, these are a few of the more popular uses for Witch Hazel. As mentioned before, Witch Hazel can be found in may forms. From an astringent, extract, lotions, shampoos and ointments. Once you start looking at the ingredients of some of your regular home products, you might start to notice Witch Hazel on the list.
Like I mentioned before, I use my Witch Hazel extract every day. I have noticed a great improvement in my skin since I started using it. I believe that Witch Hazel will be able to help you in your everyday life in many different ways. Give it a try, I guarantee you will not be disappointed.